Many of you would be web programmer. Some of you might be owing a website and would certainly be editing and updating it frequently. While a few having no adequate knowledge of web technologies would still be planning to have one. Through this course I will make know how you could host it using your Linux box with a very little knowledge . Things could be as simple as that.
This course covers the basics, from installing Linux OS, configuring DNS/DDNS and Port forwarding, Web Server, PHP, MySQL, PhPMyAdmin and basic setup on WordPress. Some basic Linux commands are recommended though.
What are the requirements?
- Basic IT skills
- Basic Linux commands
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 15 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Install Linux OS
- Setup your own web hosting environment
- Understand what DNS is and how it works
- Understand what DynDns is
- Setup a DNS Server
- Install, configure and secure Apache, PHP, MySQL and PHPMyAdmin
- Basic Setup of WordPress
- Access your website from the internet – configure a port forwarding on your router
What is the target audience?
- Beginners in web development
- IT Students and Passionates